Lucas Chess is a graphical user interface to play chess, and to play against chess engines.
But it’s a lot more than that. It offers comprehensive chess learning tools for engine assisted training. It contains a wide selection of useful learning methods, chess tools, and chess engines to help improve chess players whatever their ability and experience. The pre-configured engine opponents range in strength from novice to grandmaster strength.
Many of the featured playing and learning modes have a competitive component that helps you improve your game.
For windows users, compiling the source is not necessary, as the developer provides executables.
- Attractive interface.
- Highly configurable.
- Large choice of internal chess engines: Acqua, Alaric, Amyan, Andscacs, Arminius, Bikjump, Cdrill, Cheng, Chispa, Cinnamon, Clarabit, Critter, Cyrano, Daydreamer, Delfi, Demolito, Discocheck, Fruit, Garbochess, Gaviota, Gaia, Glaurung, Greko, Gull, Goedel, Hamsters, Hannibal, Houdini, Irina, Komodo, Lime, Mcbrain, Monarch, Paladin, Pawny, Rhetoric, Roce, Rocinante, Rodent, RodentII, Rybka, Simplex, Spike, Stockfish, Tarrasch ToyEngine, Texel, Toga deepTogaNPS, Ufim, Umko, Wildcat, and Zappa.
- Add other UCI engines.
- Special engines for young players: Monkey, Donkey, Bull, Wolf, Lion, Rat, Snake, and Steven.
- Training positions.
- Play like a grandmaster.
- Training mates.
- Find best move.
- Resistance Test.
- Your daily test.
- Learn tactics by repetition.
- Learn openings by repetitiom.
- Training with a book.
- Long-term training:
- Training on a map.
- Transsiberian Railway.
- Expeditions to the Everest.
- Turn on the light.
- The Washing Machine
- Resources for zebras:
- Check your memory on a chessboard
- Find all moves
- Becoming a knight tamer
- Moves between two positions
- Determine your calculating power:
- Learn a game.
- The board at a glance.
- Analyze games.
- Save games in PGN and FEN formats.
- Internationalization support – translated into Arabic, Azeri, Catalan, Chinese (Simplified), Czech, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Indonesian, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Portuguese (Brazilian), Romanian, Russian, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish, Ukrainian, and Vietnamese.
Support: Blog, FAQ, GitHub code repository
Developer: Lucas Monk
License: GNU GPL v2 or later
While the software purports to run under Linux, installation for that operating system is extremely difficult.
|Are you interested in learning the art of programming? There are lots of excellent free and open source programming books that teach you how to program in every popular programming language. Read these Free Books.|