Xenko is a free and open source 2D and 3D cross-platform game engine developed by Silicon Studio. The engine is highly modular and aims at giving game makers more flexibility in their development. Xenko comes with an editor that allows you create and manage the content of your games or applications in a visual and intuitive way.
It can be used to create video games for PC and mobile devices, and virtual reality.
You can sell applications made with Xenko without restriction.
- Robust toolchain that enables you to intuitively and efficiently create, manage and modify all assets of your game.
- Graphics compositor.
- Nested prefabs – edit a prefab and every instance updates automatically.
- UI editor – create UI libraries and leverage the prefab system to automatically update all your UI elements’ design.
- Curve editor.
- Advanced graphics – PBR materials, light probes, post effects, multithreading, and next-gen graphics API support deliver realistic graphics.
- DirectX 12 and Vulkan.
- Advanced shader language.
- Add photorealistic effects to your game with post-effects. It supports all the most common effects such as Depth of Field, Bloom, etc.
- Access to the low-level APIs, C#7.0 and asynchronous scripting, and comes with a script editor.
- Scene streaming.
- Multi-threaded engine.
- Clustered forward rendering, with its multisample anti-aliasing
Support: Documentation, FAQ, GitHub code repository
Developer: Silicon Studio
License: MIT License
Return to Game Engines Home Page
|Are you interested in learning the art of programming? There are lots of excellent free and open source programming books that teach you how to program in every popular programming language. Read these Free Books.|