Far Manager is a program for managing files and archives in Windows operating systems.
Far Manager has a multi-language, easily configurable interface. File system navigation is made easier through the use of color highlighting and sort groups.
Far Manager works in text mode and provides a simple and intuitive interface for performing most of the necessary actions:
- viewing files and directories;
- editing, copying and renaming files;
- and many other actions.
Plugins add functionality to the software, such as:
- Syntax highlighting in program source texts.
- Working with FTP-servers (including access through proxy).
- Search and replace in many files at the same time, using regular expressions.
- Renaming groups of files with support for complex compound masks consisting of substitution symbols and templates.
- NNTP/SMTP/POP3/IMAP4 clients and sending messages to a pager.
- Working with non-standard text screen resolutions.
- Conversion of texts from one national code page to another.
- Manipulating the contents of the Recycle Bin.
- Process priority control on local or network PC.
- Words autocomplete in editor and working with templates.
- Windows system registry editing.
- Creating and modifying Windows shortcuts.
- File and text operations making it more comfortable to use FidoNet.
- Files UU-encode and UU-decode.
- WinAmp control and MP3-tags modifying.
- Quake PAK-files processing.
- Printers control, both connected to PC and network.
- Connection and debugging of queries to ODBC-compatible databases.
- RAS service control.
- External programs executing (compilers, converters etc.) while editing text in Far editor.
- Windows help files contents displaying (.hlp and .chm).
- Calculators with different possibilities.
- Several games.
- Spell checker functions while editing text in Far editor.
- Removable drives catalog preparation and much more…
Starting from the version 1.80 (October 26th, 2007) Far Manager is distributed with its source code under the revised BSD license.
Support: Forum, GitHub code repository
Developer: Far Group
License: Revised BSD license
|Are you interested in learning the art of programming? There are lots of excellent free and open source programming books that teach you how to program in every popular programming language. Read these Free Books.|
Leave a Reply